200-Hour Alignment Yoga Teacher Training Course
- Program Overview -
• • •
Our program is designed for experienced yoga practitioners who wish to learn, deepen their understanding, improve their skills and pass on the knowledge
Upon completion of this training you will be qualified as a yoga teacher with a Yoga Alliance RYT-200 teaching certification
The base of our 4 weeks 200-Hour - Yoga Alliance Certified - Alignment Yoga TTC is skeletal and asana alignment, therapeutic yoga principles, and the fascinating body-mind-emotion connection.
This program is a unique blend of modern-day science and classic yoga, Inspired by Iyengar yoga, physiotherapy and various kinds of yoga therapy. We believe that the yoga practice should be adapted to every student needs, even when teaching a large group. Therefore, Our aim is to teach you - whether you are an aspiring yoga teacher or a yoga teacher already - the important core principles behind body structure, alignment and therapeutic yoga, so that you can integrate this knowledge later on in your self-practice and teaching.
You will be able to reinvent your yoga practice and create a strong foundation for your yoga teaching with an extensive toolbox of yoga methods, approaches and techniques. You will acquire the ability to understand better individual needs and adapt the yoga practice accordingly, enabling you to create intelligent, health promoting and injury free yoga environment.
The base of our approach and teaching is Asana alignment (influenced by Iyengar yoga) and we see it as the core foundation of all kinds of yoga practices (Hatha, Vinyasa, Alignment, Therapeutic, Ashtanga Vinyasa. etc.). We encourages our students to find their own unique voice as yoga teachers, relying on this solid ground of alignment.
Our program is Yoga Alliance certified and so upon completing it you will be entitled for a RYT-200 Yoga Alliance teaching certification.
Creating a Strong Foundation
Our training focuses on Asana Alignment, Anatomy, Physiology, Introduction to Yoga Therapy and the fascinating Body-Mind Connection, and so you will learn in details about:
- Asana alignment.
- The alignment of sun-salutations A, B as well as therapeutic and modified versions.
- Optimal body posture and postural miss-alignments such as: kyphosis, flat back, lordosis, sciatica, disc-herniation, bulging disc and more...
- Core muscles and how to work with the core in a beneficial and balanced way.
- Anatomy and kinesiology of the shoulder girdle and correct chest opening.
- Safe backward bending for a healthy spine.
- Safe forward bending and the safety mechanism of the lower back.
- Sciatica and piriformis syndrome and how to adapt your student's practice accordingly.
- Maintaining healthy knees.
- The iliopsoas muscle group and its amazing emotional aspect.
- Psoas muscle release technique.
- Safe practice of the shoulder-stand sequence.
- Safe and adapted practice of headstand and different Inversions.
- Adapting the yoga practice for menstruation time.
- Yoga for seniors and illness recovering students.
- Yoga and the self-healing mechanism of our body.
- Yoga for stress management.
- The immune system and yoga.
- The breath and yoga.
- The nervous system and yoga.
- Yoga for heart health.
- Yoga for digestion.
- Mindfulness, classical yogic meditation and other various kinds of meditations.
- Simple fascia hydration and release techniques.
- Therapeutic-Touch bodywork
- Bandhas and the anatomical understanding of them.
- Basic Kriya techniques.
Learn the Art of Teaching
Our training is designed for you to become a skilled yoga teacher, and so you will:
- Learn the Art of Teaching and develop your teaching skills.
- Learn postural alignment and introduction to yoga therapy, which will enable you to teach students of all levels and conditions.
- Learn the art of sequencing: how to structure an intelligent yoga class.
- Learn about different kinds of Yoga Therapy approaches.
- Experience a variety of teaching styles and techniques, to inspire you as a yoga teacher to be.
- Learn how to teach injury-free yoga classes.
- Learn to adapt the yoga practice to different students’ populations and to their own unique needs.
- Learn and practice asana body reading in our ‘Asana Lab’ workshops.
- Learn about the principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and adjusting for yoga teachers.
- Learn how to give safe and beneficial hands-on adjustments to your students.
- Learn the basics of Therapeutic Touch bodywork, which will enable you to support your students with a confident hands-on approach.
- Learn yoga philosophy and how to apply it to your everyday life.
- Learn teachers' ethics.
- Find your own unique voice as a yoga teacher.
Self-Practice, Self-Awareness, Self-Acceptance & Transformation
We believe that a good yoga teacher should always stay a student, so we designed this program not only for develop your teaching skills and learn new knowledge, but also for self growth and transformation.
- Practice yoga with alignment and feel the difference it makes in your body, breath and mind.
- Bring new awareness and understanding to your own yoga practice.
- Gain new body awareness.
- Gain new flexibility, strength and stability and understand what you need to develop or avoid in your own yoga practice.
- Learn about your own body posture and how to optimize it.
- Learn about the connection of your life story to your body posture.
- Get better understanding of your own body-mind-emotion patterns and connection.
- Learn the basics of Ayurveda, to give another dimension of understanding of your needs in the yoga practice.
- Learn about the chakras and the energetic body.
- Learn about the traditional yogic life style and philosophy - adapting it to your own everyday modern life.
- Practice mindfulness meditation daily.
- Practice some Movement and Somatics.
- Learn and practice Classic Yogic Meditation and other interesting meditation techniques.
- Eat healthy vegan Thai food.
- Meet like-minded people and gain lifelong friends.
Our 200-Hour Alignment Yoga TTC program is designed in the most approachable way, teaching every topic in both theoretical and practical manners.
Every subject you'll learn will start with a theoretical class, followed by the related practice.
Our 200-Hour Alignment Yoga TTC is designed for you to acquire and develop your teaching skills, and so you will practice teaching with our guidance from the second week of the course.
The course addresses yoga practitioners of all kinds and enables everyone to move at their own pace within the given frame of the program.
Throughout the training our teachers will explain the body-mind-emotion connection and how it affects human posture, human health and life choices. They will support you in understanding your own patterns and connections, by sharing their own life stories as well as with some group sharing circles and private consultations meetings.
* * *