200-Hour 7-Month Long -Extended -
Alignment Yoga Teacher Training Course
- Program Overview -
• • •
Our extended program is designed for experienced yoga practitioners who wish to learn, deepen their understanding, improve their skills and pass on the knowledge.
We believe that a good yoga teacher should always stay a student, so we designed this program not only to develop your teaching skills and learn new knowledge, but also for self-growth and personal transformation.
Upon completion of this training you will be qualified as an Alignment Yoga teacher
with a Yoga Alliance RYT-200 teaching certification.
The base of our 7-month long, 200-Hour Alignment Yoga TTC is skeletal and asana alignment, therapeutic yoga principles, and the fascinating body-mind-emotion connection.
This program is a unique blend of modern-day science and classic yoga, Inspired by Iyengar yoga, physiotherapy and various kinds of yoga therapy. We believe that the yoga practice should be adapted to every student needs, even when teaching a large group. Therefore, Our aim is to teach you - whether you are an aspiring yoga teacher or a yoga teacher already - the important core principles behind body structure, alignment and therapeutic yoga, so that you can integrate this knowledge later on in your self-practice and teaching.
You will be able to reinvent your yoga practice and create a strong foundation for your yoga teaching with an extensive toolbox of yoga methods, approaches and techniques. You will acquire the ability to understand better individual needs and adapt the yoga practice accordingly, enabling you to create intelligent, health promoting and injury free yoga environment.
The base of our approach and teaching is Asana alignment (influenced by Iyengar yoga) and we see it as the core foundation of all kinds of yoga practices (Hatha, Vinyasa, Alignment, Therapeutic, Ashtanga Vinyasa. etc.). We encourages our students to find their own unique voice and style as yoga teachers, relying on this solid ground of alignment.
Our program is Yoga Alliance certified and so upon completing it you will be entitled for a RYT-200 Yoga Alliance teaching certification.
Creating a Strong Foundation
Our training focuses on Asana Alignment, Anatomy, Physiology, Introduction to Yoga Therapy and the fascinating Body-Mind Connection, and so you will learn in details about:
- Asana alignment in detail, and how to cue and adjust your students in different asanas.
- The alignment of sun-salutations A, B, as well as, therapeutic and modified versions, and how to teach them.
- What is fascia and simple fascia hydration and release techniques.
- The nervous system and the Polyvagal theory.
- The relationship of nervous system and breath in stress management.
- Spine structure and core muscles.
- Bandhas and the anatomical understanding of them.
- The 3 conditions for optimal posture and a balanced yoga practice.
- Optimal posture and walk.
- Spinal disorders and postural miss-alignments, such as: kyphosis, flat back, lordosis, sciatica, disc-herniation, bulging disc and more...
- Shoulder girdle structure and chest mobility.
- Functional anatomy of backbends.
- Functional anatomy of forward bends.
- Sciatica and piriformis syndrome.
- Anatomy of the knees and promoting knee health.
- Anatomy the psoas muscle and its amazing emotional aspect.
- Hip joints structure, heath and mobility.
- Adapting the shoulder-stand sequence for neck health.
- Physical benefits of active and passive spinal twists.
- Functional anatomy of headstand and inversions.
- Menstrual Yoga.
Learn the Art of Teaching
Our training is designed for you to become a skilled yoga teacher, and so you will:
- Learn the Art of Teaching and develop your teaching skills.
- Learn postural alignment and introduction to yoga therapy, which will enable you to teach students of all levels and conditions.
- Learn and practice body reading.
- Learn the art of sequencing: how to structure an intelligent yoga class.
- Learn about different kinds of Yoga Therapy approaches.
- Experience a variety of teaching styles and techniques, to inspire you as a yoga teacher to be.
- Learn how to teach injury-free yoga classes.
- Learn to adapt the yoga practice to different students and their own unique needs
- Learn about the principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and adjusting for yoga teachers.
- Learn how to give safe and beneficial hands-on adjustments to your students.
- Learn yoga philosophy and how to apply it to your everyday life.
- Learn the history of modern yoga.
- Learn teachers' ethics.
- Find your own voice and style as a yoga teacher.
- Practice classic yogic meditation.
- Practice pranayama, classic and modified.
The course will be taught by Tal Swissa
Founder, Yoga Director and Lead Teacher
Tal started practicing yoga at the age of 16. She has 22 years of practice and 18 years of teaching experience. She is trained in Sivananda, Ashtanga-Vinyasa, Iyengar and Yin Yoga. She studied Yoga Therapy, Anatomy, Kinesiology, Pilates, Prenatal-Yoga, Kids-Yoga, Reiki, Theta-Healing and Thai-Massage. Tal taught at retreats and centers around the world and managed her own yoga centers 'Gaia Yogashala' and now 'Luna Alignment Yoga', where she led 12 TTCs and certified over 275 teachers.
Tal's teachings are adapted to the practitioner’s needs and condition, combining different styles, emphasizing skeletal and asana alignment.
We will meet 3 times a week
- Mondays 9:30-12:30 - for a 3-hour theoretical class: anatomy, asana alignment, philosophy, art of teaching...
- Wednesdays, Fridays 9:30-11:00 - for an Alignment Yoga class
Additionally, you will have home-work: journaling, reading, writing, watching YouTube videos and practicum (practice teaching with other students of the course).
Who is this course for
The course is very theoretical with a lot of information
And so, if you are curios about asana alignment, anatomy, yoga philosophy. If you love to learn and go deep. If you love theoretical and practical knowledge and if you love to practice with awareness to details...
If you live on Koh-Phangan and can commit for the entire course duration...
This course is for you!
Upon completion of this training and all the related course requirements and tasks you will be qualified as an Alignment Yoga teacher with a Yoga Alliance RYT-200 teaching certification.
After applying to the training we will set a meeting with Tal for a compatibility evaluation.
The tuition fee for this course is 58,000 THB.
* * *